Thursday, January 7, 2010

Grateful for the House

I usually think of "the house" in terms of the 5 individuals who happen to be living here at any given time. Today though, I'm struck by what a gift this building is. So when I say that I'm grateful for the "house" I mean that.

Not only do we have a warm place to live, but we are surrounded by so much beauty in our home, just look at this radiator, there's no practical reason for it to be so pretty, but for whatever reason when the radiators were installed they included all those gorgeous scrolls. This is a gorgeous, inspiring place to live, and after living here for so long, I've often taken it all for granted. But today, I'm remembering, the beauty of this house, I'm remembering how nice it is to be warm, when it's supposed to feel like -23 F this morning, I'm remembering how nice it is to have space to be with people and to have space to be alone. I am grateful.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you have a camera again. I like your pictures.

Bethany said...

I love your very artistic pictures of the house. I too can appreciate having had the opportunity to live in such a lovely, calming atmosphere. (Well, sometimes calming! ;) Hurray for the new camera too! Lv, B