Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Summer

I haven't completely abandonned the blog.

I've had things that I've wanted to blog about, but distractedness level has been pretty high, and I haven't taken much time to process my personal experiences, or the experiences of the world much in the past 2 months. The oil spill, the Arizona Immigration Bill, multiple reports on the achievement gap by race at school in Minnesota, and a gap in employment by race in Minnesota have all tugged at my heart, and I've wanted to talk about them, but I've allowed the frenetic pace of "End of the School Year" programming at work, and end of the quarter responsibilities at school to take over.

But God's calling me back to Himself, and back to myself. And I'm finding my center in Him again. Hopefully I will have more to say again soon.

But in the mean time, here's a picture of a blue damselfly that I took today at Westwood Hills Nature Center in Saint Louis Park today. Tuesdays are my sabbath, and I've started a new practice the last two weeks of hiking with my camera in hand, and asking God to help me slow down and to notice things. My hope is that God would speak to me through the things that I notice as I walk.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily K. Bright said...

Katie, these pictures look professional. May we all learn to stop and reflect.