Tuesday, April 14, 2009

quick and random



  • Happy Easter! I'm embracing my liturgical side and my Catholic heritage and claiming Easter for a few weeks.
  • The Bishop preached the sunrise service at Park Avenue and spoke about forgiveness and diversity, racism and reconciliation in giving evidence for Easter in our lives. It was really good and hopefully we'll have audio online soon. But it got me to thinking a lot.
  • Speaking of racism Eugene Cho has a good commentary on the senators in Texas asking Asian Americans to change their names for voting on the God's Politics blog. This is just crazy.
  • Spring is really here I'm putting air in my tires and biking to the gym. Bike trails are one of the best things about Minneapolis. And did you know that Metro Transit has coupons for bicyclists for "free guaranteed rides home?" if you get a flat tire, or the weather gets bad, or you have a family emergency, they'll send you two coupons every 6 months. I'm signing up today.

No comments: