Thursday, July 17, 2008

Body Pump

A big part of the story of life in our house lately is BODY PUMP
This Fall, Wanda, Bethany and I got a family membership to the YWCA. I love the eliptical machine, the track and the pool, but far and away my favorite Y-Dub activity is Body Pump.
God has been doing work in my heart lately about whole life stewardship. About taking care of and honoring him with my body. BodyPump has been one of the best ways to do that.

Bethany and I have been waking up nearly every Tuesday and Thursday to go to the uptown Y for a 6:15 class. The class is an hour long, 10 tracks of upbeat music working ever major muscle group. WE LOVE THIS CLASS!!!!!!

The uptown gym is closed for remodelling, so we're now waking up an extra 20 minutes early to get to the midtown YWCA in time for the 6:00AM class (JESUS HAVE MERCY). I missed the class this morning because I had a doctors appointment, but we noticed something cool Tuesday morning.

It's a diverse group of us from the uptown class that have made the trek down Lake Street to midtown. Being in a new location at a new time has given us something to talk about with our classmates. People who we have been in class with twice a week for 6 months talked with us for the first time this week.

Bethany and I are both moderately extraverted. We love meeting people, groups energize us. Between interacting with people, crazy music and an hour of strength training work we go into our Tuesdays and Thursdays with a crazy amount of energy.

No comments: