Thursday, July 24, 2008

A busy/empty Week at the Stevens House

It's been a strange week at the Stevens house, we've had lots of activity, but now are pretty empty.
We had a visit Saturday afternoon from Alison a former roommate here at the Stevens House currently on staff with InterVarsity in St. Petersburg, Florida. She does some awesome work down there and just led an experiential retreat for college students called "JESUS, JUSTICE AND POVERTY"

After a quick lunch of leftovers, Wanda, Alison, Bethany and I walked up the block to the Fallout Festival. I bought an awesome necklace from a local artist it's the back end of a toy zebra suspended in some industrial glue.

I am not fruit designs has lots of cool jewlery, it's worth checking out if you're looking for a funky gift for someone. We painted on the community mural, looked at some art, shot water balloons at each other and had a great time.
Bethany and I scrambled to get ready for Erin and Johanness' wedding after Fallout. It was great to celebrate their relationship with other friends from church. Our friend Hugo from Colombia and his salsa band played in between DJ sets.
Sunday morning Wanda and her sister left for vacation in Hawaii. (I'm working on not being jealous). Noel cooked the best breakfast as dinner I've ever had that night.
Tuesday morning Bethany and her parents left for Alaska.
It's just Noel and I at home this week. Last night we took the bus downtown for the Aquatennial parade. We met Emily down there and cheered loudly for each communities princesses, comodores and marcing bands. I ran into a family I had worked closely with at church who recently moved to the Northside it was great to be a part of the larger community and to reconnect with the boys.
We're still waiting to see who our new roommate will be. There's a couple of women interested if things work out.
Bethel is waiting for one more reference for me, and then my application will be complete. Hooray! I can't wait to hear the official word.
Peace!
Katie

1 comment:

Maria Steen said...

Remembering fun times of past Aquatennial parades/fireworks with you! Can't wait to chat. :O)