Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fallout!


The big event on the block this weekend will be the Fallout Art Festival. It's one block north of us and is sure to bring lots of folks into the neighborhood as well as getting people out of their homes and out into the neighborhood.


I like having Source Ministries and the Fallout as neighbors. I haven't ever spent much time at the Fallout Festival but have enjoyed special events at the Fallout for Lent, or their trip to New Orleans a few years ago. The Wohler family who started the ministry are former Park Avenue people who were dedicated to the prayer ministry at Park before leaving to start a church earlier this year.


It seems so obvious that the Stevens House would be connected somehow with Fallout and Source but our lives seem to be so busy that we haven't made much effort to connect.


Right before Emily's wedding the doorbell rang on a Saturday afternoon. Peter (dread-locked daddy) Wohler, and Anna-Skye (sweet and blonde and 6years old) were at my door. Anna had written me a letter and decorated the envelope inviting me over for dinner and to the Art Fair. Hopefully post artfair I can take them up on their dinner offer. I'm planning on spending some time over there Saturday afternoon, maybe I can get a screen printed t-shirt and take in some music.

No comments: