Monday, May 4, 2009

cinco de mayo
















Maria (former roommate) and Roel came to visit this weekend. We celebrated Maria's birthday at Pancho Villa on Saturday night (Parilla Combo a.k.a $40 meat pot, and 2 kinds of shrimp and octopus coctels, YUM!!!)

Sunday night we hit Cinco de Mayo on Lake and 27th for some Elote. Elote is perhaps the most delicious food you will ever eat. Grilled corn on the cob, lime juice, mayonaise, parmesean cheese and chile pepper.

I love this, we all look so happy, well, Roel either looks like he's got the "don't mess with me face" on or he is in a lot of pain, (he was actually in a lot of pain and left almost as soon as this photo was taken in order to go to the hospital).

I want to write more about how the Latino community in our neighborhood has blessed and shaped me, but I've got three papers to write before I go to class tonight so that will be a later post. Happy cinco de celebracion.

Thanks Theresa for taking the picture, and Wanda for the use of the camera.

Shalom,
Katie

1 comment:

Emily K. Bright said...

I am so jealous of you all eating elote! Whoever imagined that mayo and chili powder on roasted corn would be good, was brilliant. good luck with your papers!