Saturday, August 1, 2009

"I like me 'cus He likes me"

I have had great times with friends this week, Indian Buffet with Leah, a walk with Jenny, Vietnamese "salad" with Pa Kou, and tattoo shop with Rachel. One thing that came up in each conversation with these women was the fact the growing sense that we like who we are. Our confidence in God's love and the confidence that we've gained through our life experiences have given us a sense that we are becoming the people we were meant to be.

Today I was at a training for camp. We were asked to choose an image that served as a metaphor for our leadership style. I picked up a picture of a tree on a mountain. I know that when I'm "rooted and established" in love and in the solid rock of God's love, my leadership rocks. When I'm being blown in the wind, unsure of myself and of God's feelings for me, my leadership suffers.

This is a song by Kirk Franklin and Da' T.R.U.T.H. that has been one of my anthems since I heard it at camp last year. Enjoy.

No comments: