Monday, August 10, 2009

Tajikistan - or Tajiki-where? or Taczecherstan

So, have you always wondered what life is like in Tajikistan?

Probably not. If you have please leave a comment below, because I'd like to know who you are.

Most people ask, "Is that a real country?" when I tell them Bethany is moving to Tajikistan. (Or, if you're DJ* you say, "That sounds like a hood baby boy name.")

Well if you are wondering and don't have $4,000 laying around for a flight from Minneapolis to Dushanbe, now you have a great option :) Introducing Bethany's Tajikistan Tales blog.

Bethany leaves for DC one week from today, then she spends 5 days in Istanbul (this I'm sort of jealous of) then she's off to Dushanbe. This is our sad face :(

I leave tomorrow morning for camp with Park Avenue, Dinomights, Banyan and Christ's Children. I'm sad that I'm missing so much of B's last week, but also grateful to have a distraction from the sadness of saying goodbye.

*I tried to find a good picture of DJ so that you could get a good sense of where this comes from, but I didn't have much luck. Just believe me that it's even funnier coming from him.

2 comments:

Harvey Birth said...

Bye, B!

Special K said...

I am super excited to have the blog link because I missed her last weeks and never got to say goodbye! However, the link doesn't work for me. Can you try it again or explain what I'm doing wrong?