Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Three Things

I was at camp last week, and am still slowly regaining my strength and energy. I'm having computer issues, and my camera was stolen last week, so while there's a lot going on at our house I have no images :(
  • Josh and Alison's Wedding (2) Noel, Theresa and I made the trek up to North Branch for Alison (one of the original Steven's house crew) and Josh's second wedding reception (the first, along with the ceremony, was in Florida early this summer). It was great to meet Joshua (super quality guy) and talk with friends we don't get to see often enough, besides Alison, Mandy, Annie, Pat, and Kendra. It was a very fun and holy afternoon. We were able to have some great conversations and it was a balance of total silliness and completely profound conversations.
  • Bethany is in DC After our hike to North Branch, we came home for a quick Indian Food take out dinner, then moved B's luggage out to the car and said very tearful goodbyes. She's made it safely to DC, from there it's off to Istanbul and finally Dushanbe. She gets to stay in this gorgeous hotel a block off the National Mall for her training.
  • The garden is exploding with produce. I filled the bowl to our salad spinner to the top overflowing with zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, chard and beets today. I am cooking dinner this week and am plotting what I can make using so much produce. Our friend Richard is bringing curry-tortilla chips and either mango chutney or mango salsa, so I think we need some sort of Indian/Caribbean/Latin fusion type of food (but maybe we're looking in the wrong direction) any ideas?

1 comment:

Katie said...

your camera was stolen? i would cry. i like keeping up with you on your blog, Katie!