Friday, July 9, 2010

Nice Ride


Have you seen these yet?

It's a new program in Minneapolis, called "Nice Ride."

They've recently opened a station right by our house.

Evidently you pay a daily, monthly, or yearl subscription fee, plus an hourly rate to use the bikes, but like the Hennepin County library system you can return your bike at any station.

I have my own gorgeous bike, that over the last 2 weeks with a flooded out car has been getting me everywhere I need to go. I've heard it said that Minneapolis/St. Paul is the second most bikeable urban area in the US (after Portland, OR). When my friends Aimee and Chris were here last week they were amazed by how many bikers there were. Now visitors and those who don't have thier own bikes can join in on the fun.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leah Marie said...

we are now the # 1 bike city. look it up. how exciting.