Monday, June 1, 2009

Does your hair feel like mine?

Check out this picture of President Obama with a little boy in the Oval Office. The little guy (whose skin tone is about the same as the President's) wanted to know if their hair felt the same.

I don't pretend to believe that Obama's presidency now opens the doors for every child to be
whatever he or she wants to be, BUT I do think that moments like this, feeling that the President's hair feels like your own hair, might expand the possibilities.

Speaking of the White House, tomorrow I'm off to visit my great friend Rosita in Baltimore and we're going to go check out the DC hot spots too. Don't worry, I'll tell Keith and Amy and Barack "What's up!" from Minneapolis!

3 comments:

KelseyChristine said...

Love it, thanks for sharing! Have fun in D.C.!

Pilar Stella said...

thanks for sharing...i posted this on my FB and had a lot of controversy around it - it is truly a beautiful thing and a remarkable time in our lives...
in peace, pilar stella
twitter @pilarstella or blog: www.pilarstella.blogspot.com ;) p

Pilar Stella said...

thank you for sharing, i posted this on my FB page and it started a lot of controversy and some racist comments, sad to see when we are at such a beautiful moment in history...thanks for sharing