Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation part - 3.1 photos from Baltimore

This first picture is me at the American Visionary Art Museum. A museum dedicated to artists with no formal art training, so Rabbis, engineers, surgeons, seamstresses and the severely mentally ill. Really really cool.

Here's the "Homicide Life on the Street" building, I wish that I was more familiar with the show, but I ate a crab cake and coleslaw across the street and it was delicious.


This is from the Basillica in Baltimore, it's done in a Neo-Classical style, like the Capitol and White house, which is kinda cool. This was actually the slave balcony, which struck me. I haven't ever considered the Catholic church's role in slavery but I guess on the Mason Dixon line at the turn of the 19th century this is an issue.
Here's Rosita, best hostess ever, grilling out by the pool at her apartment!


And finally, here I am in the Inner Harbor, by a Civil War era boat, very Baltimore, but I didn't pay the entrance fee, so I can't tell you much about it. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: