Saturday, February 21, 2009

mark my words, mark her words

I just returned from a reading at the Loft. Emily (former roommate dear friend) was reading from her novel in process. Tentatively titled "The Violinist."

Emily writes in a really rich detailed wonderful language. She creates characters and situations that make you feel like you are there. I've never been to Venice, but the way that she described it tonight, it made me feel like I had got the little vacation my heart is aching for.

I just want to be the first on the blogosphere to say this, though maybe someone else already has.

THIS NOVEL IS GOING TO GET PUBLISHED (some day soon, like after she finishes writing it) AND THE SALES ARE GOING TO BLOW UP.

Emily is going to be a really really really big deal. Not just because I love her and am biased, but I would have bought this novel tonight if it was available for sale.

So look for a book by Emily K. Bright (emily krusack) sometime in 2012. It will be a very very good read.

After the reading we filled our plates with chocolate covered strawberries and zucchini with hummus, and then made the trek down the block to Wasabi. It was excellent.

We've had a lot of losses and stresses in our house lately so it was nice to have a fun night out to experience great literature and great sushi.

No comments: